Because yes, indeed, it is only today that I realized that it’s a terribly common, and terribly pretty, theme for a book cover.
I especially love it when there’s a giant full moon behind the character, just like in The Screaming Staircase.
The books featured are
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
- Les Mystères de la Forêt by Erin Hunter
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Seraphina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- The Titan’s Curse by Rick Riordan
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
Cover on the featured image: The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss
It’s a shame that you can’t see the cover of Les Mystères de la forêt because I really love that cover, I think it’s the one that describes most the subtlety and silence of the night. Here, take a look anyway x)
To be clear, this book is my french edition of book 3 of the Warrior Cats series, which is one I’ve been obsessed about most of my life ❤ No shame whatsoever, those books kept me reading literally all night. I binge read them as the sun rose and the birds started singing, and that memory is one of my favorite reading memories !
What are your favorite covers with night time as the theme ? Which is your favorite time of the day to feature on a book cover ? Let me know in the comments section !