Excuse the paragraph-long title 😂
This month. Was. Awesome. Awesome in the introvert-holed-up-at-home-reading-all-the-time way, because I got a solid month of reading done. Of course my TBR is still taller than Big Ben but baby steps 😀… 😭
1. The Books
Here’s what I read;
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas | 421 Pages: Of this series, this is my least favorite. Probably because of what happened in the other books that made me aware of everything behind the characters’ choices that happened here. But I still loved this book so much.
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher | 220 Pages: Don’t come after me with pitches and forks, but I didn’t like this book very much. The MC seemed annoying and whiny, and I hated her choices and how she wanted to have the upper hand by threatening them with those tapes. I know the book is supposed to show how wrong her choices were, and I liked how the Play and Pause thing made me go through it real fast.
- Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire | 136 Pages: *sigh* This book was so short, yet it was so good. It succeeded in making me love the characters, understand the world building and be gripped to the events, all in less than 200 pages. It was marvelously done, and I wish it was longer so that I could see more of this world.
- Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo | 156 Pages: It satisfied my thirst for a good WWI book. So many Historical Fiction books are about WWII. Yo, authors, WWI was awful too xD So yes, this book made me tear up ! Not outright ugly-cry-with-scrunched-face-and-snot XD But as in, one subtle tear falling noiselessly on the pillow 😥 This book brings to light injustice towards soldiers and life on the front lines in WWI ( spoiler alert: it sucks there). PLZ READ IT AND FIND ME
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas | 626 Pages: I don’t remember being blown away very often in this book. But I didn’t have a book blog by then, didn’t take notes or anything. So I remember quite a deal less than if I had taken notes. All I can say is that I started it because I heard incredible hype about it, and my expectations were too high *sniff sniff*
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas | 662 Pages: Now this book, was so much better. It took off with the series and blew me away multiple times. I’m really glad I picked up this series this summer, because it’s been on my TBR since literally 2015 #shame
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell | 517 Pages: Omg, this might be the most featured book on my blog. I talked about it in my review, on my Tome Topple Wrap Up, The Reading Quest Update, and this is the fourth time XD Nobody told me book blogging can be this repetitive xD Just… Here’s my review XD
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel | 376 Pages: I’ve been hearing about this book since the beginning of summer, so it makes since I’ll snap and read it so that I stop hearing about it ( because that’s how the world works). This book made me gasp multiple times. Need I say more ?
- The Sculptor by Scott McCloud | 714 Pages: I found this one had cool graphics, gets fast-paced and gripping at the end, and sends a message to not waste your time because it’s precious. Life is precious ❤
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi| 401 Pages : SO MUCH LOVE. The writing style of this books is out of this world. I want to reread it, and I finished it, like, last week or something. Here’s my review, for you all curious and wonderful souls reading this <3!!
- The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan | 339 Pages : This might be the only book I read this month with half a sense of humor XD I miss reading Rick Riordan’s books, and look forward to the next one in this series ( and in the Magnus Chase one, badly, GIMME DA BOOKS)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth | 535 Pages: This was a reread, and it surprised me how much I missed on the first time I read it, and how many amazing scenes I completely forgot about. So I immensely enjoyed the reread. And even though it took me 5 days to reread it, I didn’t mind in the least. It was comfortable to reread this. I’ll be rereading Insurgent not too long from now !
- Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody| 362 Pages: I literally just finished it xD I’ll be posting a review of it soon. The worldbuilding is admirable, but I found it hard to get attached to the characters. The finale kept me reading until I finished the book, though.
My favorite part ❤ Let’s count everything up!
Books Read: 13
Sum of Pages: 5465
Average Pages: 420
Longest Book: The Sculptor – Scott McCloud
Shortest Book: Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
Just this month, I participated in 3 readathons. Told you it was a busy month xD
- Tome Topple : 2-week-long readathon centered around tomes ( books with more than 500 pages that aren’t bind-ups): Tome Topple Wrap-Up
- Back To Hogwarts Cram-a-thon: a 24-hour readathon with pages counting as points to the Hogwarts House you’re joining. TBR and Wrap-Up
- The Reading Quest: Technically this one is still going, but it started this month and I’m in, so it counts because I say it does xD It’s an RPG video-game-like readathon with books giving you Experience Points and pages read giving you Health Points and you can level up and do quests and have a character class and SO much fun <33 The Reading Quest August Update
This September I’m hoping to read as many as possible of these books:
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Serafina and the Splintered Heart by Robert Beatty
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young
- House of Furies by Madeleine Roux
- Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
- Warcross by Marie Lu
I feel like if I don’t include every book on my TBR here I’ll never read it, even though I know that’s not true. Just like I know I probably won’t read half of these and I’ll be too busy reading new releases I’ve been dying to read, like Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo and The Language of Thorns, or Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust and TOWER OF DAWN ( which is released next week and I’m in a crisis right now hElP oMg)
Thanks for sticking along for this wrap-up !